When trying to up curb appeal, most homeowners focus on landscaping or repainting that front door. But did you know that by updating or repairing your roof you can increase your curb appeal by 40
Up Curb Appeal By Looking Up At Your Roof
When trying to up curb appeal, most homeowners focus on landscaping or repainting that front door. But did you know that by updating or repairing your roof you can increase your curb appeal by 40 percent?
GAF, North America’s Largest Roofing manufacturer,offers help with these roof tips to up the ante on your curb appeal.
1. Start off by checking the roof framing structure to make sure it is not compromised. Visually scan the roof for any sagging or uneven areas.
2. Inspect and clean your gutter systems to make sure they are not clogged with branches, leaves, or other debris.
3. Make sure that gutters are fastened properly and are tight and secure so that they don’t cause overflow and build-up or fall off the fascia board.
4. Check the valleys of the roof to ensure that they are also free and clear of debris as this can add weight to the roof and also act as a barrier to rain.
5. Metal flashing should also be used around roof vents, pipes, skylights, and chimneys. One of the most common causes for roofing leaks is due to problems where these is lack of or damaged flashing.
6. Walk around your entire house and carefully inspect the shingles on the roof. Look for curling edges, missing granules, missing shingles, etc.
Layne "Chipper" Augustin
Serving the areas of Sartell, Sauk Rapids, Rice, Foley, Clear Lake, Becker, Big Lake, Elk River, Monticello, Clearwater, Saint Augusta, Saint Cloud, Waite Park, Princeton, Zimmerman and surrounding areas
Latest Blog Posts
On Thursday, USA Today published a view of what many of this spring’s first-timers have encountered in their inaugural home-buying ventures. Our own St. Cloud trends don’t precisely
If this May will find you looking for a home to call your own, you won’t be alone—it’s prime season for St. Cloud house-hunting. In case it’s been a while since your last go-round (or if